The Classic Albums special, “Pink Floyd: The Making Of Dark Side Of The Moon,” will see its release on Blu-ray on August 27.
Originally released in 2003, the program traces the creation of Pink Floyd’s iconic 1973 album, which went on to become one of the biggest selling records in music history.
Classic Albums features interviews with Pink Floyd band members Roger Waters, Richard Wright, David Gilmour and Nick Mason, engineer Alan Parsons, the late designer Storm Thorgerson, and others involved to unveil the creative process behind the project.
Bonus features on the Blu-ray include 40 minutes of additional footage not seen in the original 50-minute television version….including the following:
• Brain Damage. A complete solo acoustic performance by Roger Waters together with his thoughts on the song.
• Money. Roger Waters and Alan Parsons discuss the song, intercut with David Gilmour playing guitar and Roger Waters playing bass.
• Us And Them. Richard Wright talks about writing the song and plays solo piano, along with excerpts from the full album track.
• Breathe. A complete solo acoustic performance by David Gilmour.
• Time. Roger Waters discusses the track followed by an excerpt from the animated video used at Pink Floyd concerts and Roger Waters original demo recording.
• Gilmour's Guitars. David Gilmour illustrates the guitar parts from three tracks on the album: Breathe, The Great Gig In The Sky and Us And Them.
Originally released as a standard definition DVD, the Blu-ray edition is an upscaled version of the original material, with uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio surround sound.